Maia – Aleksia Fameli
Education and training
- Alexia is a graduate of City, University of London as a registered midwife. She is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery council UK and SEMMA.
- She is trained under the Baby Friendly Initiative for breastfeeding and infant care.
- Alexia practiced at the birth center and labor ward of Homerton University Hospital in which she focused on caring for low risk women and support natural births.
- She has personally facilitated 42 births during her placement at Homerton University Hospital and witnessed over 200.
- Her extensive training took place in areas of antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal midwifery.
- A part of her training entailed attending seminars facilitating CTG monitoring conducted by the Lead Fetal Monitoring Midwife.
- Alexia is passionate about supporting women through all aspects of pregnancy and labor, providing a care path that is individually catered to every women and her needs.
Alexia is currently working alongside Dr. Dimitris Baltogiannis at his private practice in Neo Psychiko, Athens and at Mitera Hospital